Re: Need source for bolts

To: "TR List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <d.wilson@asu.edu>
Subject: Re: Need source for bolts
From: "Bill Hooper" <hooper@rf.capitolweb.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 01:53:05 -0500
> From: Dennis <d.wilson@asu.edu>
> They are 1/4 inch button head philips bolts with fine threads and various
> lengths.  I can find allen head bolts easily, but no philips.
>
> Does anyone know of a source for these bolts, I need to replace only
about
> 10-20 so having a set custom mades does not makes sense.

Dennis:

Look in the Yellow Pages under Fasteners (may also be Fasteners -
Industrial & Construction).

There should be several companies which sell every type of threaded
fastener available.  They are common in cities half the size.

Generally, these places sell wholesale only, but if you call & act really
desperate, they'll probably fling a few your way.  You may have to take
only stainless, cobalt steel, or something that may not be the black
anodized or whatever it is you want.

Actually, it usually works better if you just show up there with a sample.

Be prepared for strange looks if you've lost something from a GT6 motor, &
must ask them for "cheese head screws".