Re: Any sales going on?

To: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: Any sales going on?
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:07:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> I am about to place an order, and was wondering if you have
> been following the sales of the big mail order houses. It seems
> that TRF has dropped me from thier mailing list, so I never got
> the spring sale flyer. Is the TRF sale worth checking out, or
> should I go with Dick Burger (Moss).

TRF has been running a sale through May on particular TR250/TR6
items.  I don't know about other cars.  (I am on their TR6 list.)

This sale features cuts of about 15-25% on a wide variety of
selected items until May 31.  Also, TRF car club members get
an additional $25 off an order over $100 until May 31.  Together,
these two represent quite a savings.

The featured items seem to be primarily ones of which TRF
has excess inventory, or remanufacture themselves.  I assume
that this sale was motivated somewhat by an intention of
cutting inventory on items that TRF needed to manufacture in
high volume, tying up capital.  The selected items includes
most seals and other rubber components, green or black
cooling system hoses, floor mats, various cables, some
brake components, spin-on adaptors, oil coolers, various
switches, etc...

I took my "parts wanted" list, and simply ordered anything
off of it that was on sale.  Everything that I ordered was
at the sale price, excluding two items that I need to keep
my cars driving daily.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--