Re: Squeaks

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: Squeaks
From: Scott Paisley <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 11:29:06 -0600
Cc: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> > Charles Corliss wrote:

> > >Also sometimes a clunk is heard from the rear end when going around
> > >a sharp turn. New U joints have been installed.  Does anyone have
> > >any ideas, on this problem?

Ken wrote an excellent response on things to check, however,
the mention of the "clunk" makes me feel like you might have
the dreaded broken diff mount.  The diff mount can break over
years of stress and they aren't too beefy in the first place.

The squeaking could be the metal which is rubbing against the
frame at the broken mount point.  I think the front left
(driver's side) is the one that breaks from (ab)use.  Anyway,
it would be worth checking.  You should be able to see the
mount by looking up there with a flashlight.  It will be
difficult to check without dropping the diff though. (ugg)

Check all the other stuff first. :-)  Good luck, and hopefully
I'm incorrect. :-)

-Scotty '75TR6 (was a daily driver, trying to it back that way)