Re: Triumphs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumphs
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 00:16:36 EDT
Silas,
Welcome to the club! This is probably the most common complaint for
TR6's. The complete fix is uprated springs from The Roadster Factory or
other supplier and urethane bushings for the control arms and shock
links. The urethane bushings cure another common malady; 'TR6 wiggle", or
a side to side movement of the rear end when engaging the clutch under
heavy acceleration. This all assumes you have no frame or suspension
damage, which should be checked by the best alignment shop in your area.
Good Luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO