Re: Stiff TR6 clutch

To: mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: Stiff TR6 clutch
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:19:07 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Martin Libhart wrote:

> I just recently replaced entire clutch assembly in my 72 TR6.
> Replacement included the clutch kit, release bearing, fork, shaft, etc.
> I purchased all from TRF - mine was the Borg & Beck kit, and I can not
> really say there is any difference (i.e. pedal pressure, smoothness).
> It may be that the other kit they offer (Laycock) does make a
> difference.  I went with Borg & Beck due to past successes with their
> product.

I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive in my
original post.

TRF has recently started selling an "experimental clutch
kit" which (as a prior thread on the list described) uses
components from Saab and/or Toyota clutches to provide a
complete bolt-in replacement for the Laycock and B&B
clutches.  The kit is significantly more expensive than
the Laycock or B&B clutches, but promises some of the
advantages of a modern clutch, such as much less
pedal pressure and more gradual engagement.

Any experiences with this "new & improved" TR6 clutch?

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com