Re: Spit MkIII Carb problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit MkIII Carb problem
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 07:04:04 -0700
Bern writes:
    < snip >
>. The reason - the float chamber on the carb
>furthest away from the fuel pump is empty. The other is OK. Turn the
>engine a few times with the HT lead from the coil disconnected to fill
>the chamber and off I go for another 5 minutes until......
   < snip >
If every thing else checks out alright, you may have a clogged or restricted
gas tank vent.  The resulting vaccuum when fuel is drawn out is more than
the fuel pump can handle. . .just one more thing to check-

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)