Re: how to i.d.a GT6+ gearbox

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: how to i.d.a GT6+ gearbox
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 19:38:50 -0600
Cc: w.davies@virgin.net
>Should be KC or KD (either) on a GT6+.

Where did you get your information?  My factory shop
manual sez the gearbox numbers start at KC1 on the MkI
and at KC50001 on the Plus.  It's possible that they
changed to KD on the Plus after my manual was published.

>KE or KF (GT6 Mk3), or HC (Vitesse 2 Litre) will also be OK.

Thomasen's Guide to Originality shows KE for the Mk3.  Again,
maybe the KF came along later in the run?  I am not disputing
your info, I just want to know for the record.  You know how us
engineer types are.

Just out of curiosity, did the overdrive boxes have any
sort of unique numbers or were they simply scattered among
the regular numbering series?  A. retentive minds want to know.
Thanks, Dave Fain