catalytic converters 2

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: catalytic converters 2
From: Rainer Wallnig <Wallnig@KR.FH-Niederrhein.DE>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:14:58 +0200
Thanks to all of you who answered to my questions.

I am going to install an O2 Sensor to monitor the fuel/air ratio on a
simple voltmeter on the dashboard. And  once the exhaust pipe is out (to
weld on the  M 18x1.5 thread for the sensor) I had thought of adding the
catalyst.

I you take  part in classic car races in Germany you have to have a
catalyst fitted. And there are retrofittings on the market. But I want to
use my TR4 on the road, not for racing.

The reason why is not the new regulations in Germany. These say that
beginning in July 97 classic cars older than 25 years will cost 375 DM tax
per year. With or without catalytic converter.

Rainer, Moenchengladbach, Germany, happy with my TR4 `63