FW: Introduction and advice

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Introduction and advice
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:08:00 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Terry Kay
<TKay@wpmail.us.dynix.com>]]

     Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:44:46 -0600
     From: Terry Kay <TKay@wpmail.us.dynix.com>
     Subject:  Introduction and advice

Hi all.  I am new to the list and triumphs.  I have purchased a 1972
Spitfire.  I need some advice on the engine rebuild.  The pistons were
removed from the block, but both the block, pistons and rings are in great
shape. Can I put them back in without replacing the rings, or do I need to
start from scratch?  I am also looking for somewhere to get a complete
wire harness from, anyone with experience, or advice on this?  And
finally (for now at least) How do I remove the windscreen from the car?
(safely, as I need to just replace the outside seal, and reuse the glass)

Thanks

TK
1972 Spitfire
1967 Datsun 1600