Re: TR6 and overdrive

To: Dennis Culligan <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Subject: Re: TR6 and overdrive
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 21:21:26 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis Culligan wrote:

> Doug Mathews wrote:
> >"Piggott's book...1973 overdrive...standard..."
>   While it's possible (though not probable) that all of the 'home market' TR6s
> after 1973 had overdrive, the myth that this is true for US cars should be put
> to rest once and for all. I would venture a guess that less than 50% of the US
> cars from 1974 through 1976 had overdrive (and the rest of us wish we did...).
>                                                               Dennis
>                                                         '76 TR6 - NO O/D :-(
Dennis:
Looking thru the VTR's published list of 74,75,and 76 models owned by
members which was published in The Vintage Triumph Number 55, it looks
like only 1 in 8 to 1 in 10 had overdrive if the ones registered are a
representative sample.  Only the very last 76's seem to have a high
ratio of O/D's.
Bob