Re: TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 18:33:13 +0100 (BST)
> It seems clear that the OD never became standard.  My brother bought one new
> in late 1976, which had no OD.
> Paul

I heard a rumour that all post 74's had overdrive as standard but that on
the cars reaching the u.s  dealers mysteriously found that the od  boxes
were replaced with standard ones.
The overdrives are now stored up in a cave on mt Rushmore
 (rumoured to be lincoln's left nostril). The legend has it  that as soon as
the
new millenium is here these OD's will be distributed among the remaining
triumph faithfull like gifts from the gods.

i can't remember which book i read this in now, or did Rich tell me this??

johnny storm '77 spitfire 1500 (awaiting divine intervention)