Re: GT6, TR4 fan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6, TR4 fan
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 08:58:43 -0700
>Many years ago I put the 8 blade yellow plastic fan (bought it from the
>Triumph Dealer) on my TR4 and solved my overheating problem. A couple of
>years ago I saw a GT6 at Carlisle with a 6 blade metal fan. The
>construction is steel and aluminum
     < snip >
>he GT6 fan which I want to install DOES NOT have the 1/16" hole. Were
>these fans as installed on the GT6 not balanced in the same manner as the
>4's or is this fan as it was manufactured "close enough" and did not need
>the additional balancing?
************************************
Allen,
No GT6 that I know of came stock with a metal fan, they either had the
yellow plastic or the later red plastic same as the TR6.  The fan you have
is probably not a GT6 part, but a fan from something else that happens to
fit, possibly aftermarket.
GT6's use the same isolated rubber bush mounting as the TR6, no external
balancing that I know of -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire (undergoing T5 transplant)
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)