hood latches

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: hood latches
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 10:29:15 -0500 (EST)
There has certainly been much discussion over Triumph hood latches, which
isn't surprising, since they are a bear to release most of the time (at
least mine is).  Since the problem is where they're located, with all
that snaking cable, has anyone attempted to move the release to the other
side?  I've looked at mine several times, but I don't know if the
transplant could be done without denting the hood.  I also wouldn't be
surprised if the wiper motor would get in the way.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored, but finally running)