Weber Carb. Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber Carb. Questions
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 05:59:22 -0600
When I bought my 74 Spitfire (1500) last January the PO gave me a box of
miscellaneous stuff including two sets of headers and a Weber Carb and
manifold.  The PO got these parts at a swap meet and knew little about them
(he was also mechanically challenged).

The intake manifold looks correct and has the word Cannon stamped on it.
The Weber has the following information stamped on it:

        DGAV - 33B1     32/36   5-6E    Made In Spain

Would this be a good, reliable carb for street use in my 74 Spitfire?

It is worth the money to have it completely rebuilt (its dirty, full or
leaves and other miscellaneous junk and I know nothing about its history)?

Who does competent rebuild work on Webers and is it very expensive?

The carb appears to have an electric choke.  Can it be converted to manual?
 If not, is it difficult to wire up the electric choke to my 74 Spitfire?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire