Re: Bob's Apprentice

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bob's Apprentice
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 07:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 06:48 AM 5/15/97 -0600, you wrote:
>1.  Why would anybody with $5000 to spare want to be an
>apprentice mechanic when they could use it to buy more LBC's
>and train themselves?
>2.  What assurance would they have that you are going to
>be in business/still have the $5000 in 5 years?
>3.  You are pulling our collective leg, right?
>Dave

Really it sounds reasonable to me.

The money could be but into a joint intrest bearing trust account with the
necessary contingencies.

The apprentice system is an oppertunity to work for a master and as such has
great oppertunity to learn instead of wander.

Bob is offering to pay wages during this 5 years.   This is something that
in centuries past was not considered, just room and board were provided.
The education was the reward.

All of this is predicated on the condition that Bob is a master (not
disputed) and is providing guidence and education for the period.   If so,
then, then it all sounds like a bargain.  if not, then, there is no contract.

Thomas Howard
LUSD, (619) 390-2627
('72 Triumph GT-6; and a good bit of USA iron)