Re: tri-SU's on a TR6

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: tri-SU's on a TR6
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 14:07:20 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,

You'd be better off, from a simplicity and performance standpoint, by
getting a good twin SU HS4 carb and manifold unit. The DGV downdraft is a
good replacement for the stock ZS 150, but you'll actually be able to
flow more air through the SUs, mainly due to the straight routing of
the SUs vs. the contorted air flow of the DGV sitting on top of the
Cannon manifold. As the old saying goes, been there done that. I had a
DGAV on my Spit for about 6 months and noticed only slight performance
improvement over the stock ZS 150. Plus, Joe Curto carries a rather
complete selection of needles for SU, which makes them easy to tune for
almost any engine.

Just thought you should know,
Charlie