FW: Re: Monza Exhuast system

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: Monza Exhuast system
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 02:57:23 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Greg Tobin
<GTOBIN@bendata.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:37:42 -0600
     From: Greg Tobin <GTOBIN@bendata.com>
     Subject: Re: Monza Exhuast system

 I put a Monza on my 79 1500, and it really opened up the the throttle
response nicely. The noise wasn't that bad, even with a 90-100 mile
round trip commute.  Of course my comparison is a truck with a dual 3"
system and mufflers the size of the Spitfires gas tank...

   However, I will not put another one on, as the fit was not
terribly good, and was subject to more flex thatn I would have liked.
It looked nice from the rear, but the chrome rusted quickly.

As a side note to this thread, has anyone installed the SuperTrapp
muffler out there?  They look real snazzy, and you can adjust the
volume/power on them to a certain extent.  The fit (I would think)
should be far better, as you could use the stock pipe almost all the way
back.

-72 Mark iv (parts car turned 10k/year driver)
-79 1500 (10k/year driver turned parts car)

Greg Tobin
"That's No Moon..."