@*$% Stromburg Carbs!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: @*$% Stromburg Carbs!
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 20:01:41 -0400
My 80 Spitfire has the Stromburg carb on it.  Trying to adjust this has
proven entertaining to say the least.  To those of you who have lived
with these, what in your opinion is the best order to attack things in?

To clarify my lament, I disasembled said carb...completely.  Including
those things you aren't supposed to disassemble, like the coarse idle
mixture screw (oops).  Right now I have a carb that runs quite smoothly
as long as I never drop the idle below roughly 1500rpm.  If I do lower
it via the bypass screw, I back out several turns before anything
happens, then it keeps on  going down down down.  Have to turn it back
it quite a few times before it quits going down down down.

Clever advise and even smart alleked "you were warned not to take that
idle screw thingie apart" are sought.