TR3 rear brake cylinders

Subject: TR3 rear brake cylinders
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 13:16:17 -0500
When I took apart the two rear wheel brake cylinders (TR3A Ts57756), they
appear different.  One is marked 3/4 and the other is 5/8.  The 5/8 has
dialoy 4 cast into the side and the other has dialoy 3.  The 5/8 has a
Girling #304000 cast into the opposite side.  the 3/4 has nothing on the
opposite side.  One had a flat piston and the other had a slot cut into the
piston.  I Suppose bigger is better, but at least one of the rebuild kits
is not going to be right.  Is there a good reason I should not change out
the 5/8 for a new 3/4"?

Thanks
Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com