Re: Problems bleeding Spitfire brakes (long update)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Problems bleeding Spitfire brakes (long update)
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 00:32:15 -0100
At 15:10 2-05-97 -0400, Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.cc.uga.edu> wrote:
>Eric,
>A wild shot but if the disks were hot when you stopped and after cooling a
>while, the pedal was firm, could it be the return check valve is not
>letting the pads pop off the disks and you are experienceing overheating
>and boiling the fluid. A long shot but....

Probably. I braked pretty hard a couple of times. Hard and often enough to
warm up the disks quite nicely. Besides, the reservoir was filled to the
brim and I didn't notice any fluid overflow.

And in the case you're describing, I would not have been able to push back
the plungers by hand (alright pliers) and install new pads, would I?

Where's that check valve located anyway? In the PDWA? Never heard of it! :-o

=======
and Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us> wrote:

>No leak?   Then look at the MC.

Damn, bother & blasted!

Before I get out the credit card: does anyone know if I've got any of the
seals in the master cylinder the wrong way round? (see ASCII drawing posted
earlier) I'm still hoping that may be the cause of the problem.

>Sorry.

Don't be. Thanks for telling me gently. ;-)

Eric Kieboom
The Netherlands