Re: Spit Wheel Bearing Caps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), vicwhit@octonline.com (Return requested)
Subject: Re: Spit Wheel Bearing Caps
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 02 May 1997 14:44:41 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 00742336A361900B-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 02 May 1997 14:44:41 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 02 May 1997 14:44:41 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <00742336A361900B*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     I suppose giving you the "get a bigger hammer" answer would be un-
     appreciated...so here's an additional .02 cents worth.

     The hole isn't really for screwing...uh, I mean removing the dust
     cover...it is a vent.

     If you were to use a relatively sharp chisle or awl and a small
     hammer...and apply light blows on the outer edge of the rounded end of
     the cover, gradually working around the circumference, you might be
     able to tap it out of position with minimal damage.

     On the other hand, new covers are available and are relatively
     inexpensive...keep a couple on hand for those times when you must
     resort to the un-appreciated answer above.

     PMcQ

     76 Spitfire
     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6