Allison/Crane Ignitions

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Allison/Crane Ignitions
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:02:23 -0400
Just in case everybody doesn't know if you bought an Allison ignition in the
past and expected to get a lifetime warrantee, guess what? You don't have one
any more.

A friend of mine has a MG Midget (yea I know, but he's still my friend :-} )
with an Allison ignition system. He recently had problems with it and called
Crane whom he believed bought Allison to see about a return under the life time
warrantee. He was told that Crane only bought the rights to the design not the
company (an all the liability of the life time warrantees!!). So there is no
more warrantee, but they would be happy to sell him a new ignition system!!