Re: TR6 carb and ignition timing

To: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no>
Subject: Re: TR6 carb and ignition timing
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:03:56 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
        The UNISyN has an adjustment on it.  Screw the center in our out.
This changes how much air can be drawn through the hole.  This adjustment
can be made easily and you will find that your unisyn works perfectly
well. As for you other problems...sounds like the camshaft may be out of
posistion with the crank...that might be why it only runs really well at
30 degrees dynamic.  We've been over the whole vacuum retard deal quite a
lot lately...and as always my suggestion is to plug it.  It really is
only an emmisions device.  It doesn't seem to make that big of a deal and
many cars run better without it.  You may want to play with the mixture
some.  If one is much richer than another it will give the same symptoms
as timing that is off.  Good luck

Aaron
'72 TR6 cc84967U (now with HS8's and boy does it move)
'70 TR6 CC56606E (most of which makes up the above, but will some day be a
                  glorious racing car)