Re: Working Gauges

To: smith007@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Working Gauges
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 10:08:46 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-26, Phil Smith wrote:

<< My dash lights work, but they are really dim! Any ideas as to why? >>

Phil:  Three reasons come immediately to mind:

1) Even when working perfectly, the TR6 dash lights are dim.

2) The dimmer reostat can be defective - dirty, corroded, etc, or possibly
just turned down. The reostat is a piece of bare wire, with a wiper arm
rubbing on it. If it gets too dirty, a good connection is not made. To test
it, temporarly connect the two wires going to it together. If the lights
brighten, that is the problem.

3) Bad connectors in the wiring to the lamps in the gauges. There is a red
wire from the light switch to the dimmer, and red/white wires going to the
gauges. Check these, and the connectors. Since they are all dim, I doubt that
it is the ground, since there is more than one, but it won't hurt to check
these also.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN