Re: TR6 "bullet-proof" clutch

To: kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov
Subject: Re: TR6 "bullet-proof" clutch
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:43:29 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:38:03 -0800 Ken Brown  (Kenneth Brown)
<kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov> writes:

>Does anyone know if this combination has to be used together or can
>you just
>"upgrade" to the Toyota throw out bearing?
>
>Ken
>TR250 in boxes (but fewer and fewer each week)

Just to clarify, I didn't come up with the idea. Dean Houston of British
Sports Car Works in Boca Raton, Fl and J.K. Jackson of Tallahassee came
up with the combination.

Yes, you can use the throw out bearing with a stock pressure plate but it
will have a very light feel to it. That is how mine is set up. I do not
know if you can use the uprated pressure plate with the stock throw out
bearing.

You can direct your questions to Dean at (561) 367-9735. He doesn't have
e-mail or even a computer, but then again, I don't have an end milling
machine.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag