Comparisons of exhaust

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Comparisons of exhaust
From: "Aaron Johnson" <sugar@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:12:47 -0600
        We parked a TR6 that was stock...one that had Monza...One with A cherry
bomb and one with the TriumphTune Twin GT system(mine) next to each other
one day and compared.  They came out as far as loudness goes in that same
order.  The loudness really depends on two things RPM and throttle position
at speed.  At idle you could hardly hear a difference between any of them.
The biggest difference was exhaust velocity.  As you began to rap them
up....the stock system mellowed out.  The Monza system had a deep throaty
sound.  The Cherry bomb just got obnoxious(kind of like a big V-8 sound)
and the GT system is more of a higher pitched straight exhaust racing
sound.  I drive mine everywhere and the sound never really bothers me (21
years old) but it always puts my girlfriend to sleep.

Aaron Johnson
72 TR6 CC84967