Re:Monza: HOW LOUD?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Monza: HOW LOUD?
From: Kevin Brown <mgtrautoxr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:53:28 -0500
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-04-22, Joe Meroneyou wrote:
>
> <<  HOW LOUD are they? >>
>
>                                 LOUD!!!!!!!!!!
>
>                     Almost like no muffler at all!
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN

I have had the Monza exhaust, along with a header, on my '74 TR6 for
several years and don't think they are all that loud.  I think that a
lot depends on how they are mounted.  Make sure that the pipes exit past
the rear bumper, so that you aren't trapping sound underneath the car,
and that you use rubber mounts on all of the hangers.  I think that the
exhaust sounds great!

I don't agree that they sound like no pipes at all.  After knocking off
the exhaust while ice racing the TR6, several years ago, I drove around
some with just the front pipes attached and it was REALLY LOUD!!!!!

Kevin Brown  '74 TR6
Odessa, MO