Re: How do you Polish Plastic????

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How do you Polish Plastic????
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-21 09:57:55 EDT, JoeSimcoe@aol.com writes:

<< Does anyone know of anything that will add polish and luster back to
plastic
 objects??

 Thanks,
 JoeSimcoe

Joe:
Try the finest grade steel wool you can get and just rub by hand,  You can
start out using a little light oil.  I got this tip from a neighbor who
restores Packard 12's and tried it on a TR2 steering wheel which sat in the
Arizona sun for 8 years. Brought out a really lovely luster, not an
artificial looking shine as from laquer and nothing to wear off. I've not
tried this method on lenses, but it worked on early TR dash knobs too.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM