Re: Vacuum advance / Distributor for 1970 GT6 MK 2

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vacuum advance / Distributor for 1970 GT6 MK 2
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:01:37 -0700
Howard T. writes:
>I am in need of a vacuum advance unit for a 1970 GT6+ (MK 2) < snip >
Howard,
Good luck. . .there was somebody on the list a while back who had a couple
NOS vacuum advance mechanisms of the type you need for sale but were a
little pricy for me.  These unit are notorious for developing leaks,
becoming useless.  Been there done that, I replaced the distributor with one
of the Delco units that utilize the micrometer adj. type of advance.  These
units seem to last a whole lot longer.

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)