Re: Body Dolly / Plans

To: PVANDAL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Body Dolly / Plans
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:05:59 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
PVANDAL@aol.com wrote:

> I seeking a body dolly or the plans to build one to hold my TR-250 shell when
> I remove the body from the chassis frame.   Any  help will be appreciated.

PVANDAL et al,

When I bought one of my TR250's, the seller threw in the rig he used to
pull the tub off the frame. It is just a modified rolling scaffold, the
kind used for construction.

The scaffold is on wheels, so it is easily moveable. The modifications
consisted of making it wide enough and long enough for the LBC to fit
inside. A couple of extra supports were added as well.

All you do is add whatever structural supports you feel necessary to
make sure your tub doesn't "fold up" (seems everybody recommends
replacing the sills _before_ pulling the tub) and use two come alongs to
lift or lower the tub.

I have not used it for the purpose of lifting or installing a tub, but I
have used it as a scaffold! I have no doubt the apparatus will work as
intended.

Good luck.
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |