Re: Switching Tags (was Re: Carlisle)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: Switching Tags (was Re: Carlisle)
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:50:10 -0700
Ken Streeter wrote:

> fred thomas wrote:
>
> >     Ed, ... Take your own tags from home ...
>
> Wait!  Hold the farm!  Do NOT pass go, do not collect
> $200, go directly to jail.
>
> Do NOT switch tags from one car to another.

Snip.....

In PA, you must have your title and tags secured before the
transaction is legal. I would imagine that Carlisle would
have several certified people at the show who are capable to
complete this transaction (service fee of about $25).
Be sure to take proof of insurance, your current coverage
on your car(s) is enough since they are obligated to cover
a new car for up to 30 (?) days after a new purchase.
Also, be prepared to pay a 6% sales tax to PA.
Not sure how they handle it if you're registering it for
another state? Any ideas here?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6