Re: Frustration

To: seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frustration
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 97 11:52:29 PDT
Edward,

        $13K and $10K for those cars?  Sheesh.  Either I am SIGNIFICANTLY
out of touch, or my own car which I had dreamed might be worth $8K is waaaay
underpriced.

        FWIW, I'd say the $13K would do well at a concourse, not against
trailer queens, but against other cars driven to the event.  The car should
also make an excellent daily driver.  The $10K should also make an excellent
daily driver.  I would expect everything to work well on the cars, and
I would not expect to pay anything for work or parts in at least the first
24 months (other than consumables).  There should be no rust anywhere.
The cars should be absolutely solid; a trip to the other side of the
US (and back) should call for no more than gas and an oil change.

        If the seller is private, things like replacing the Die-Hard sticker
for a Lucas label may be just an expression of LBC disease which we all share.
However, said sufferers will also provide you with a list (probably long)
of all things replaced, in need of replacing, non-original items, blemishes,
things to do, wishlist, all receipts, etc, etc, etc.  At least that is
what I do.  I would ask a fair price, and if the buyer finds something
that I have not told them about, then that makes the price negotiable.

        If you are willing to pay this much money for a TR250/6, then
expect the best.

        "Rags" is not for sale (my list of "todo's" is too long!)

        Shane Ingate in San Diego