Re: It runs again...

To: "S. Ristroph" <ristroph@csra.net>
Subject: Re: It runs again...
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, S. Ristroph wrote:

> Thanks to all that responded to my email about the straps on my
> Spitfire....

Glad to hear all was successful!

> my car serial number its FK40363U

This does indicate a U.S. spec 1972 Spitfire Mk.IV.

Regarding tonneau covers: AMCO and/or Robbins tonneau covers, readily
available from the usual gang of suspects (TRF, VB, etc.) are fine, and a
really nice, convenient alternative to the top. I wouldn't rely on one
too much for top-down outdoor storage, but a well-fitted one should
survive the occasional shower or worse without much if any water entering
the passenger compartment.

--Andy