Re: It doesn't seem to fit!

To: Chris Bullock - vtxix <bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com>
Subject: Re: It doesn't seem to fit!
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:37:51 -0700
Cc: LANG@isis.mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Bullock - vtxix wrote:

> Bob Lang wrote:
>
> >Early TR6's (and TR250's I think) have a "notch" cut in the inner fender
> >to give adequate clearance for the carbs. Later TR6's have the "notch"
> >run the entire length of the inner fender. The purpose of the notch is to
> >allow the carbs to fit.
>
> That notch seems designed for that big black air intake with
> 'T R I U M P H' on it too :-)
>
> Chris Bullock
> Colchester, Vermont
>
> 1970 TR6 PI  CP51686 O (needs that indentation!)

All this talk of fitting the 6 cylinder into the 4A...  I don't get
it...  Anybody have a TR 250?  Seems like the thing to do is to compare
a 250 to a 4A... rather than looking at the TR 6!   They fit that 6
cyclinder motor in there, didn't they?

I did buy a parts car, as I mentioned in a prior response, that had been
a mix of several cars... as far as I could tell... it had a TR 4A tub
and a TR 250 or 6 frame... and it had been set up with the 6 cyclinder
motor... though it wasn't in there when I bought the car... I did NOT
see any modifications done to the under bonnet areas of the 4A... so it
seems to me... it should fit...

The modifications are in the frame (mounting points), the cross-tube, it
was modified to be forward, and the mounting of the radiator forward...

Anyone???  help me here...

BUT I second... or third... or fourth... the motion: BUY the proper
motor instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!