RE:Dash lights,Wipe/wash switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Dash lights,Wipe/wash switch
From: Brian Day <1briand@mail.airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 15:27:24 -0500

> Hello:
> I am working on the dash of my '74 TR6, and was wondering if there are
> supposed to be lamps in all 4 of the rectangular warning
> indicators/markers (wipe/wash,hazard,seat belt,brake).  None of mine
> have lamps in them.
> Also, I need a wipe/wash switch, which seems unavailable.  Does
> anyone know where to get one, or an acceptable substitute?
> Thanks
> Lex Garey

My '73 had lamps in all four.  Problem is , they "marker lights" (Wipers,
Hazard) are annoyingly brighter than the gauges, so I took them out.

As for the Wiper switch, you might try "Triumphs Only" out of the San
Jose/Santa Clara area.  They had a blower switch for the TR6 which was
supposedly unavailable.  I believe they are listed as a parts source on the
VTR Parts pages.

Brian D.