Bottom End, Bearing Break-in

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bottom End, Bearing Break-in
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 10:35:25 -0500
Cc: brooks@belcotech.com
I am anticipating getting my TR3 back on the road in a few weeks, so I began
to think about the required break-in for the bottom end bearings I just
installed.  I replaced ( or will finish soon) the three mains, con-rods and
thrust washer bearings, but no pistons, rings, etc.  I am thinking about a
gentle, first few hundred miles, but unsure if I need to do more than that.
Any suggestions?

Jack I. Brooks                                  Brooks@Belcotech.com
Project Manager                                 201-358-2858
Belco Technologies Corporation                  '60 TR3A