Re: spit horn<199704080353.AA131921592@casbah.acns.nwu.edu>

To: joe-schneider@nwu.edu
Subject: Re: spit horn<199704080353.AA131921592@casbah.acns.nwu.edu>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 09:12:21 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Morning all,

>trying to work out my nonoperative spitfire horns, fuse is OK (by
[snip in depth bit about dud horns]
>shown on the wiring diagrams I have, anyone know what it is?

I have a similiar problem with my horn(No smut please, I'm English!! :-))It'll
work with the ignition off, but not with it on.  I think the problem is the
earth wire running through the lower column coupling, as these were the same
symptoms they had before I replaced the wire last time.

I'd check this, just use something like a jump lead and clip it to the column
and the earth post on the battery, then check the horn, if it works then,
there's your problem, if it don't, well.....hmmmmmm, PASS! :-)

Cheerio

Rich