TR4 front end rebuild

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (triumph cars list)
Subject: TR4 front end rebuild
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:11:32 +0100 (BST)
hi Triumphers

I'm in the midst of rebuilding the front end of my TR4 - its an early model
so the front end is essentially TR2.

My question - I cant get the steel sleeves that the lower A-arm swivel around
off the car. There isnt much room to manouvre in there, either the brake pipe
or the rack is in the way. If I was replying to this meesage, I'd say "Heat
and Extreme Brutality", or weld a bar to each one. Any other ideas? I think
these sleeves have been on there for +30 years ...

I can leave them - thats what I did last time, but I have had quite a lot of
wear in the poly bushes as the sleeves are a bit pitted & worn.

--

Regards, Adrian (TR4 in bits)
             adrian_jefferies@x400.icl.co.uk