What color is British Racing Green?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What color is British Racing Green?
From: ctschmitz@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 13:11:33 PST8
     Hi All -

     Here's hoping that the subject question is not as dumb as it seems.

     The original color of my Spitfire was Laurel Green, and I find this to
     be just a bit too dark to be to my liking, and can't quite picture
     myself living happily with it for the rest of my life!

     I'd like to paint the car BRG but can't quite figure out what to ask
     the paint guy to do, as he says there are several shades of BRG. The
     color I have in mind is considerably lighter than Laurel Green and
     seems to have a bit of yellow in it (I'm definitely differently-abled
     when it comes to understanding colors!).

     Looking through a book at the local Border's I learned that Triumph
     had, on TRs, a Conifer Green and a Triumph Racing Green. These were
     reported to be the same color, and looked a bit too dark to be what I
     want. There was a picture of a '53 TR in the book, and it looked like
     what I wanted. I think the book was "Essential TRs" - I should have
     paid more attention and jotted down some notes.

     From surfing the Web looking for "BRG" I found that there was a
     special edition "M***a M***a BRG" that was built in limited production
     in '91. I haven't been able to see one of these in person. Has anyone
     seen one and is it really genuine BRG and worth trying to look at?

     Given all of the above, is anyone on the list a BRG expert and can
     anyone give me some current paint codes that I could go into the paint
     store and ask for chips for? I'm going to the paint store to try and
     get some help, but it sure would be nice if I could speak with at
     least some semblance of intelligence on the subject.

     I'm taking the next two days off of work to pull the engine from the
     car, so I won't be at work to pick up mail at this address. Please
     address any replies to:

        tomschmitz@juno.com

     Thanks much,

     Tom