NJ emissions law

To: billsohl@planet.net
Subject: NJ emissions law
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 12:54:09 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,
Thank you for you in depth explanation of the NJ emissions
law I previously questioned. The piece in the TRF flyer was
similar to a piece I had read before on the same subject.
In reading the piece I got the distinct impression that
something was not right, it made it sound as if NJ had been
transported to Albania. I am very surprised that the WSJ
got it so wrong. It makes them sound as if they are signing
up to the "Hard Copy" school of journalism. Much of the
same doom and gloom misinformation has been spread here in
Ca. about the Smog Check II program, some of which I initially
fell for. As with many issues such as this, it seems as if the
pendulum is beginning to swing back. The Sierra Club has even
come out and said that Smog Check II is trying to do too
much too fast.

Your points are so concise and well written that there is
nothing to be added from my point of view. I think it would
be a good idea if Mr. Runyan included this piece in his next
flyer.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.