Spitfire warning light

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire warning light
From: dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com (david r simpson)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 13:15:42 -0500 (EST)
 I have just replace the alernator on a 1976 spitfire, after a couple of
years of non-use.  Now the ignition warning light only comes on when the
alterntor is putting out 14 volts, it is off with the ignition on and the
car not running and then comes on after the car is running.  I assume that
the signal for the light comes from the small brown & yellow wire from the
voltage regulator inside the alternator. Any thoughts or good trouble
shooting manual that explain how these system work.  Tanks Dave Simpson

61TR3
76 Spitfire
91 Ford Explorer
British Sea Kayak