Triumph Trivia and NJ inspections

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Trivia and NJ inspections
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:24:53 -0500
Cc: aanthony@rvcc.raritanval.edu (Angela Anthony), buzzant@mcgraw-hill.com (Buzz Anthony), 74372.1657@compuserve.com (Bob Yeager), BIGALNJ@aol.com (Allan Rosenberg), jignozza@datatech.com (John Ignozza), pooley@ems.att.com (Thom Pooley), RD318@aol.com (Raul Dominguez), Revn7@aol.com (Dot and Steve Reed), JLZ69TR6@aol.com (Jim Holewka), chansel@gbsias.com (Chris Hansel), william.rittenhouse@spcorp.com (Bill Rittenhouse), carbuff@scooter.net (Atwell Haines), jcr@idt.net (Jim & Christine Rutowski), alex_zarak@isainc.com (Alex Zarak), rhoppe@worldnette.com (Bruce Hoppe)
There's also Triumph Dogfood, Triumph pots, Triumph cigarretts.

As to the NJ emmissions let me say the following:
I haven't seen the TRF newsletter, but I am VERY up to date
on what's supposed to happen in NJ.
Bottom line on emissions is that ANTIQUE licensed cars
are exempt from all inspections and will continue to be.
Additionally, a new catagory of COLLECTOR car can be obtained
for any Triumpph
which will also exempt that vehicle from the Emissions test.
Finally, the new emissions test is only being done for post
1981 vehicles.

There is a group that is sopreading bizarr doom and gloom claims which, while
perhaps appropiriate in terms of any post 1980 daily driver vehicle, the
claims have NO bearing on legitamate classic and antique cars of which all
Triumps easily
qualify.

Bill Sohl
---------
Kurt previously wrote:
 Triumph Trivia

The German Triumph scooters mentioned were built by Triumph
Werke Nurnberg (TWN). TWN was set up in the early 30s (?) to
manufacture British Triumph MCs under license. After the war
they continued building scooters and bikes but I don't believe
they had any connection to the UK Triumph. Ironically, BMW got
into the auto business by manufacturing Austin 7s under license
as did many other companies, Bantam in the US and Nissan in
Japan. The BMW version was called the Dixie. Now BMW owns Rover
and the Austin group, full circle!

There are also Triumph brand beer and ladies lingerie! I have a
Triumph bicycle badge. I will probably wager that there existed
at some time a US car company named Triumph, I will have to look
it up in my American car encyclopedia.

If anyone cares, I got my TRF flyer yesterday 3-27. Interesting
how everyone is charged up about the TRF Car Club and CR turning
50, but no one has commented on the piece on the new restrictive
emissions testing program in New Jersey. If you have not read that
piece, do so.

Have a nice Easter everyone,

Cheers,
Bill Sohl   Budd Lake, NJ   billsohl@planet.net