Re: TR7 engines, Dolomite sprint for SALE

To: Bryan Johnson <ca4bjo@isis.sunderland.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: TR7 engines, Dolomite sprint for SALE
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 20:33:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bryan Johnson wrote:

> Come on!
>
> There must be someone out there that has some information on other
> engines that are suitable for the TR7, i have only had the one reply
> from johnny S. and a email on a rotary engine.
> Whenever i download my email i find stacks of stuff on similar articles,
> i.e. degreasers, beer, TRF, sheep?
>
> I know this may sound lame, but what the hell is the TRF. I am from
> Sunderland in england and have not got a clue.
>
> Anyhow, i have a DOLOMITE SPRINT for sale if anyone is interested.
> I have been working on the car for the past 2 years and want rid of it.
> Since advertising it 2 months ago i have developed a problem with the
> engine i.e. it dosent run anymore(loud tapping sounds). its BRG, had new
> sills and various other repair panels,full sliding sunroof, the interior
> is dog chewed but the wood has been re-varnished.
> Price 900, or another very close figure.
>
> Thanx,
> Bryan Johnson
>
> 74 Spitfire mkiv (Pimento)
> 76 TR7  fhc (inca)
> 78 Dolly Sprint  (BRG)
Bryan
I am in the midst of refitting my '80 TR7 with a Buick v6 presently.
The  kit is from John's Cars. So far have just begun to rebuild the 231
or 3.8l v6. Am going to use a turbo 700 overdrive automatic for the
tranny. The kit is quite complete and everything bolts up. wiring hhoses
and lines included.. Keep in conmtact if you want and I'll try to keep
you posted.
Bill
78Spit
80Wedge