Re: Dashpot oil - SU vs Strombergs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil - SU vs Strombergs
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 20:46:07 -0500
H. Frye wrote :

[snip]

 >FWIW, The little that I ran my TR250 (dual Strombergs) before taking in
 >apart I found they went through dashpot oil as well, after I replaced
 >the 'o' ring...
 >
 >--

..and FWIW the stock dual Strombergs on my old dear, departed TR-250
maintained their proper oil levels (resistance to cap felt during
last 1/4 inch while cap is being replaced on dashpot) for the entire
8 years / 8,000 miles that I owned the car.  I never needed to add
any; would have used Castrol 20w50, if needed.

Regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio