TR7 hot mods

To: "'Jammer'" <jammer@ctaz.com>
Subject: TR7 hot mods
From: "Smith, Brian" <brians@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 97 14:11:00 PST
Cc: "'Triumph Owners Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Jammer, (how about a real name)

some easily done mods are:
Change the carbs to the 1 3/4" SU's used in the UK (might be 2"...Little
help from across the pond?)
A hotter cam can be nice
your going in the right direction with freeing up the exhaust.
for a little more money you could change to the 16 valve "dolomite
sprint" head.  I know someone here in the states sells the conversion.
If you could find one of those Mopar compact superchargers You might be
able to plumb it up.
I've got a suppliment from and OLD Triumphtune cataloge that describes
some high perf. mods to the '7.  If you want I'll try to dig it out and
shot you a copy.  just let me know.

Brian Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV