Re: Spitfire lock & keys

To: triumph mail exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire lock & keys
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:31:57 +0000
     When I bought my 1500 it came without a key for the boot lid lock.
     Being new to Spitfires I took off the lock barrel and got a local
     locksmith to make up a key for it.  I found out later that I was
     charged slightly more for this service than a new lock from one of the
     parts suppliers.  Rimmers current price is £14.85 - hardly an hours
     labour (sorry for Limey spelling - but let's not start that thread
     again) for a locksmith.  As the key is totally different from the door
     locks anyway I would buy a new lock in future (nice bright chrome,
     unworn tumblers etc).

     Hope this helps

     Pat

     PS The ignition and doors have different keys on my car but I think
     the steering column lock has been changed in the past.