New face on the list

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New face on the list
From: "Kevin Cordery (Cygnus)" <kevin.cordery@computeraid.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:44:00 -0000
Hello all,

I thought I'd introduce myself (and my new car), My name is Kevin
Cordery, 25 Years old, living in Southampton in the south of England.

I have just brought a Ferarri red TR7, which has had a 3.5 rover V8
fitted, with "fast road" cam, 5 speed racing 'box, and a body kit
cobbled together from odd bits of wheel arches and skirts etc. The
overall effect is quite nice however, the front half looks a bit
Ferarri-ish while the back end defies description.

I have had a lot of fun in it so far (besides the petrol costs), and the
only thing I'll be looking to modify on it (besides repairing some
cracking in the GRP) is the ratio in the rear diff. to reduce the revs
at cruising speeds, as the amount of torque the engine produces has made
first gear almost redundant. Does anyone know if there are different
ratios available as a "bolt on" or a different axle that will go in with
as little mod'ing as possible. I have tried looking for a TR8 axle /
diff, but have been unsuccessful so far. (and I can't rule out that it's
an 8 axle already fitted-any ideas?)

Looking forward to picking up some tips from this list, and possibly
passing on some of the things I have learned so far.....

Thanks for any help you can give,

Kevin.