Re: Upgrades?

To: Jammer <jammer@ctaz.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrades?
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:50:51 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jammer wrote:

> I own a 1976 Triumph TR7 and this is my first posting on this list in a
> long time.  I have about 350 dollars and I want a FASTER car (probably
> because I'm just another one of those teenagers).  Any ideas?  I'm
> thinking of the Pace Setter headers the Monza dual exhaust system.  Does
> anybody sell performance intake systems for Triumphs?  I only have a
> 4-cylinder engine in my car.  Should I upgrade this engine or I've also
> heard of people putting more powerful engines in Triumphs.
> Please help.
>
> P.S.  I am having a problem when I put gas in my car also.  The pump
> constantly shuts off when it isn't even full.  I asked the clerk but she
> said the pump was fine.

Whoa! Set the wayback machine to 25 yrs.ago! This kid was me! (insert
'60 TR3 here)
Jammer, as ususal, speed costs money. How fast you go is directly
proportinal to the height of your stack of cash! Nowadays, this also has
to include how tolerant the smog laws are to modified cars in your
locality. Check first, or you may hot rod your way into a suspended
registration. On your budget, I'd save the money to fix the stock stuff
that is going to break, before I went broke on mods.
Of course, if you suddenly get @$3K to blow on the car, I definatly go
with the Buick Grand National V-6!
As far as the gas pump goes, I'll bet it's one of those fume proof type
with the bellows over the nozzle. These things'll drive you nuts on an
older car! I used to get more on the car than in it when I tried to fill
my Tiger. One time, it blew past the filler neck and into the "boot".