Re: No respect?

To: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No respect?
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 18:15:16 -0800
At  8:27 PM 3/21/97 -0800, Bill Wood wrote:
>GT6s get no respect?  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GT6s!
>
>I lust for a 1973 GT6 with overdrive.

I USED to love GT6's..That was until I tried to fit in one.  I think they
are designed for prople 5'8" and shorter.

The upper outward bulge on the molded seat hit me between the shoulders.

My left leg was pinned between the steering wheel and door.  My right had
to lay over on the transmission tounnel. With the drivers seat installed,
I had to go after the pedals with the balls of my feet and my legs turned
outward to keep from hitting my knees on the underside of the insturment
panel.  I would not be able to wear heals & drive this thing.  A tight
skirt would have to be pulled half way up my hips so I could work the
pedals.

I did my test drive with the driver's seat removed.  I concluded that if I
were to get one of these cars, I would need to replace the steering wheel
with a much smaller diameter one, remove the front seat and use a pillow on
the floor along with a plywood board as a seat back.

Who knows I like them so much, if I ever find a smaller sterring wheel that
fits the column, I might even get one and juryrig some kind of seat.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

Medium & large format photography, 1960 Land Rover 109,  1961 Triumph TR3A