Re: parts hawkers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: parts hawkers
From: joe woprsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:08:42 -0800
fred thomas wrote:

> Peter, it seems your thinking is right all the parts houses & then the
> independents and suddenly the list is just cluttered.
>                 P.S. if wed. & thur. are any indication it has already
> started, 4 replys wed. & 7 thur from one hawking vendor, and that does
> not inc. the STORM.

I am sure that Ted Schumacher and Woody both repled for two purposes.
They are both big supporters and owner of LBC's and vendors.  I have been
told by several and also experienced on several occasions the helpful
attitude they exhibit.  I for one am glad to have vendors such as them
and TRF as well as others.

In light of the nature of this net it might be better for a vendor to
post to the individual directly and avoid the flames that seem to arise
from some at the slightest chance.  If that individual finds that he/she
was benefitted imensely by the post a comment to the list would be in
good taste.  I would hope that the vendors would not avoid joining in
occasionally with non commercial post to the list.  They have a lot to
offer as has been demonstrated by informative post by them on severl
occasions lately.

A post to the autojumble list would be a good place for a vendor to
anounce a sale etc.  Those that choose could subscribe.

It seems that the list traffic has trippled lately with post that just go
on and on and on with non pertenent info.  It's good to be a little light
hearted once in awhile, but it can be overdone.  Also lets lay the TRF
subject to rest.  I would suspect that most of us are tired of the
speculation comments.  Unless I missed something I have yet to see
anything said by anyone in the know they were near bankruptcy every
business has hard times and makes mistakes. Lets hope that TRF is able to
be around in the future and provide the support we need.  We should let
the man run his business and support it if we want to.  I for one am
satisfied with my dealings with TRF.

I subscribed to the triumphs digest for a couple of weeks recently while
on vacation in NC.  I found it very inconvenient to read.  I would hope
that I am not forced to go back to it due to the execss post.

Burner Off!
HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND ANYONE!!
If I did, sent me a post directly - don't start another contest!

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC
Tupelo, MS